Monday, March 14, 2011

Back from San Jose!

It was a very productive trip. I learned to snowboard! Went to Sugarbowl in Tahoe on Saturday, and Neil taught me how to board. Haha, I'm horribleee! It's been 2 days, and I still hurt. It was pretty awesome though, to fall flat on my back onto fresh snow. My butt made quite the indentation! :D But I am happy to say that I can go down a green level hill now woo!

I'm meeting and getting to know a few more of Neil's friends each time I go up, and it's been a pleasure knowing each of them. His church is small, but it's cozy. As our relationship continues to grow, and God opens doors for me to be closer to Neil, we'll be able to grow and serve together at church! I'm looking forward to that. Today I had a job interview at a compounding pharmacy in San Jose, and dropped off some resumes at a few pharmacies. Hoping that God will open that door wide open for me so I'll be able to move up this summer. :) That is the plan!

My church had an Ash Wednesday service this past week, and it was short, but very meaningful. I've never been to one, and I know it's mostly a Catholic practice, but this was a very good service to attend. It was to remind us of our humility, and to turn back to Jesus in our times of weakness. My sacrifice for lent is to stop talking trash about my bosses at work to my coworkers, and to just calm down and seek God. This is a very tough thing for me because my bosses aren't the most... humble, friendly pharmacists who treat their staff with the respect we deserve. So, this is something that's pretty big for me- although it sounds lame. hehe

Hmm, so now I shall resume work tomorrow. It was a very nice 4 day vacation =)

No comments:

Post a Comment