Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Starting up again

Vroom vroom! Praise the Lord this year is getting off to a relatively good start! I've made many New Year's resolutions in the past, but this year, I have a good feeling about it! Last Sunday service, our pastor asked us what our resolution this year would be. Immediately, I thought of 1 thing: I would like to read more of God's word this year. Following service, I wander to the back of the room, and I see a sign up sheet for "Reading the Bible in a year." haha that was a pretty big confirmation from the Lord right there. I did hesitate signing up for it because I was scared of the work and accountability that would come from writing my name down. A sister caught me looking at it and after chatting for a bit, I decided to do it!

Thus far, it's been a real blessing reading the first couple chapters of Genesis, Psalms, Proverbs, and Matthew. It's nice rereading scripture that I haven't read in awhile. :)

I've had convictions to read the Bible in a year twice before: once was when Bob Boardman spoke at winter conference, and a second time at STP in Berkeley. Unfortunately, I never took these seriously and never carried through with it. This time around, I have a good feeling about it. I'm blessed to have a few accountability partners who will also be joining me on this journey with God. :)

That said, Neil is also going to join me on this spiritual journey :) I'm very happy that we'll be trucking through His Word together. Lately we've been reading and finishing 2 Samuel together and discussed what it meant to fear God. And then I was reading Prov 1:7a "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge" and how true is that! I'm excited to see what He'll be revealing to me :) Yay!

2 comments:

  1. yay! :) you should share some of your blessings from your readings! miss you bon bon :) :)

    ReplyDelete